Friday, September 18, 2009

Challenge #3

OK, so I watched the video and did the thing, but I don't get it. I am so confused about what all is popping up on my RSS feed. I have the google reader one, but I tried to MSN because I go there a lot and I got 10 new subscriptions that have items I'm not really interested in. I don't know if you are supposed to go to the website first and then just copy and paste the url of what you want or what you are supposed to do. I also saw the little RSS button in the search bar and clicked that but it just added a new RSS feed to my Mozilla program. Any help would be much appreciated...I am so confused!!!

1 comment:

  1. A website like MSN would have multiple RSS feeds available in it. If you simply put the URL for MSN in your "Add a Subscription" box, you're probably receiving all of them, which is definitely information overload.

    Instead, scroll all the way down to the bottom of MSN's front page, click "RSS" on the lower right, and you'll get to their feed page. Here you can subscribe only to the feeds you want.

    Go into your Google Reader, and unsubscribe to any feeds you no longer want.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete